Thank you to Book Lover Circumspect 4 for nominating me for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers!
Here are the rules:
Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten blogs.
10 Questions from Book Lover Circumspect 4:
- Do you prefer a tidy ending or cliffhanger? Definitely a tidy ending, unless there is a follow up book. I like the characters in my “worlds” to be set on a path; whether bad or good, I want there to be an ending.
- Do you prefer physical books or ebooks? Both, it depends on the situation. I never like to be without reading material so ebooks are great when you are stuck at the doctors. But there is nothing like the tactile feel of a book in your hands, cracking the cover for the first time, smelling the ink.
- What other hobby do you enjoy besides reading? I love karaoke, going to the movies and I do the odd cross stitch.
- What do you look for when choosing a book? Synopsis, I want to have a good feel for the tone of the book before I read it.
- Do you ever have to know the ending and go to the end of the book? Yes, I am horrible with mystery books. I skip to the end then go back and read the book so I can see the clues.
- What kind of music do you like to listen to? The Cure is my favorite band. I also like NOFX, Jawbreaker, Iris, Apoptygma Berserk, Depeche Mode, Social Distortion and I throw in some Glee for balance.
- What is the ideal reading spot for you? The tub. Nothing better than bubbles, a glass of wine and a good book.
- Have you ever written a critical review, felt guilty, so you changed it? I have, then I changed it back to the original. I realize authors are real people with real feelings so I almost hate to dislike a book, but sometimes I just do. I have written a review, changed it to be “nicer” then realized I want to review honestly, so I changed it back. I will never be mean about a book, but I will be honest about my opinion.
- Do you subscribe to magazines? If so, do you actually have time to read them? I do, Good Housekeeping, Family Circle and Reader’s Digest. I tend to stack them up and then read three or four months’ worth at a time.
- You are stranded on a desert island, which book character would you want with you? Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. Wicked smart, knows almost every spell, has that magic expanding bag and I think she would be a delight to hang out with.
My 10 questions:
- What made you start reviewing books?
- What is your favorite comfort book (that book you re-read for the feels)?
- Do you watch movies based on books you like?
- Is there one genre you will absolutely not read?
- Can you still like a book if you dislike the main character?
- What book cliché do you hate the most?
- Do you always have a book with you in some form?
- Do you try to recruit people to your favorite authors/series?
- Would you ever want to write a book?
- Who is your character crush?
- Bookish Hollow
- Rebel Mommy Book Blog
- Constantly Moving the Bookmark
- A Cupcake and Latte
- Moon’s Book Club
- Romance Dreamland
- Literary-ly Obsessed
- The Reading Izzy
- The Book Goddess
- My Para Hangover