It’s time for another Author Tuesday feature! I am pleased to introduce Natalie Martin, a rising star, whose book Together Apart, is in the top ten on Amazon UK in Woman’s Popular Fiction (see my review here).
In addition to her interview Natalie is generously giving away a Kindle copy of her new novella Wanderlust. Please leave a comment answering the question – Do you give honest feedback when asked your opinion by friends or do you fib to ease feelings? The giveaway will be open until Monday, August 24, 2015 9:59 p.m. MST. I will then use Random.org to select the winner. So let’s get started! Giveaway closed. Congratulations to our winner Kris!
Please provide a quick intro about yourself and your writing.
Sure! I write contemporary/commercial fiction with a heavy dose of love. My second full length novel, Love You Better, is due for release 1st October 2015, and my debut novel, Together Apart, was an Amazon bestseller. I’m a backpacker, so I live a fairly nomadic lifestyle and have so far spent this year in India, Thailand, Cambodia, Germany and Austria. I’m heading to Spain and France shortly. Random facts, I love surfing, am a trained Yoga instructor and also speak French!
1) Why should people read your book? People should read my books because I write about real life stuff. Of course it’s still escapism, there’s always a gorgeous man involved, but I like to write about things and people that people can relate to.
2) Where is your favorite place to write? Since I move around a lot, I have to write wherever I can. The last few months, my favourite place has been my boyfriend’s mum’s garden. It’s a total sun trap, with beautiful prayer flags and a giant Buddha statue, but sometimes I have to make do with writing in bed!
3) What are you currently working on (new book, remodeling your home…)? Right now, I’m working on my second short story, Wanderlust. It’s about two backpackers who meet in Ibiza over the course of a week. It’s a teeny bit based on real life 🙂 <3 Aside from writing, I’m currently learning German.
4) What is your favorite comfort book (the book you re-read because of how it makes you think/feel)? It depends on my mood, but I’d have to say anything by Joanne Harris. If I had to choose, it would be Five Quarters of The Orange. It’s a sensory overload, and it feels like being wrapped in a huge blanket while wearing snuggly pajamas.
5) What is the next book in your TBR (to be read) pile? For self-improvement, it’s The Bhagavad Gita. For fun, it’s Captain Correlli’s Mandolin. It’s been on my list for a long time, and I can’t wait to finally get stuck in!
6) Turn on your music player and hit shuffle – what song/artist comes up first? One Hand Holding by The Maccabees. That’s pretty sweet, since they’re my favourite band, or one of them anyway!
7) What’s your random talent (balancing a spoon on your nose, saying the alphabet backwards…)? I can balance a spoon on my nose, but you picked that one already. So, I’d have to go with being able to crack my fingers, simply my moving them. It started a few years ago, and I’ve no idea why or how! It creeps my boyfriend out!
8) Ask the reviewer – what question have you always wanted to ask a book reviewer? Do you REALLY enjoy the books that you say you do, or do you sometimes feel duty bound to give a decent review, especially if they’re from friends or people you know? Naughty question! Laura – So this is a tricky question! But I always review honestly, I feel if I don’t then I shouldn’t accept books for review. I am very picky on what I accept to review, I say no more than I say yes, as I want to read books I like. There have been a few books that were super disappointing and writing those reviews are tough, as I know that writing a book is not an easy task, and the authors will most likely see my review. However it is just my opinion, not the world-wide consensus, so that makes it a little easier to post. The worst is when I love the author or know them, but I always warn them my review will be honest before I start reading. I write my reviews as soon as I finish the book and before I start another one so my reviews are honest impressions.
Again for your chance to win a Kindle copy of Wanderlust please leave a comment answering the question – Do you give honest feedback when asked your opinion by friends or do you fib to ease feelings?
Connect with Natalie – www.nataliekmartin.com