It’s time for my favorite day of the week, Author Tuesday!
This week we are featuring an interview with Jeff Zentner author of The Serpent King (see my review here). It currently has a 4.8 star rating on Amazon and a 4.25 star rating on Goodreads. In addition to the interview, we are giving away a Kindle copy of The Serpent King. So please enter away, using the Rafflecopter below. Giveaway will be open till 11:59 pm MST Monday, July 25, 2016.
I’m Jeff Zentner. I used to be a musician and now I mostly write books about outcasts and misfits and weirdos and young people striving for beauty.
1) Why should people read your book?
Because it’s the only young adult novel ever set in Forrestville, Tennessee. Which is a town I invented. But still.
2) Where is your favorite place to write?
I wrote about 80% of my first two books on the bus to and from work. I guess it’s my favorite place by default.
3) What are you currently working on (new book, remodeling your home…)?
I’m researching my third book. I have characters bouncing around in my head, telling me about themselves.
4) What is your favorite comfort book (the book you re-read because of how it makes you think/feel)?
THE ROAD by Cormac McCarthy; THE FIRST TIME SHE DROWNED by Kerry Kletter.
5) What is the next book in your TBR (to be read) pile?
GIRLS IN THE MOON by Janet McNally and THE STAR TOUCHED QUEEN by Roshani Chokshi.
6) Turn on your music player and hit shuffle – what song/artist comes up first?
Mambo No. 5 by Lou Bega
7) What’s your random talent (balancing a spoon on your nose, saying the alphabet backwards…)?
I speak fluent Portuguese; I’m a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do.
8) Ask the reviewer – what question have you always wanted to ask a book reviewer?
Where does this font of generosity spring from that you guys do so much work for free to promote books? Laura – For me it is pure love. Reading is really important to me and through reviewing books and promoting them, I feel like I am, hopefully, encouraging others to love what I do.
a Rafflecopter giveaway