It’s that time of year to check in and see how I am doing on my challenge reading. I joined seven challenges in 2016 (see my original joining post here). I have been enjoying them all and it has helped me pick some out of my box reads. Now lets break them down.
Mount TBR Reading Challenge hosted by My Reader’s Block. The goal of this challenge is to read the books you got in 2015 but have not yet read.
For my Mount TBR Check Point #2 –
My goal is Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 60 books from your TBR pile.
I have 65 read. 0 to go.
Two books to me that had a common theme were The Passenger by Lisa Luzt and How to Disappear by Ann Redisch Stampler. Both featured women on the run from their pasts, changing names and identities as they slip from state to state. I enjoyed both books and while they had similar threads, they were vastly different.
2016 Debut Author Challenge hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. A challenge to read 12 or more middle grade, young adult, and new adult debuts this year.
I am at 26 so far.
1. Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin
2. The Year We Fell Apart by Emily Martin
3. This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
4. Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor
5. Don’t Get Caught by Kurt Dinan
6. Save Me Kurt Cobain by Jenny Manzer
7. My Kind of Crazy by Robin Reul
8. Flawed by Cecelia Ahern
9. The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
10. Faerie by Eisha Marjara
11. Future Shock by Elizabeth Briggs
12. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
13. The Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder
14. American Girls by Alison Umminger
15. Goldfish by Nat Luurtsema
16. Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge by Paul Krueger
17. Meet Me Here by Bryan Bliss
18. Frannie and Tru by Karen Hattrup
19. Jerkbait by Mia Siegert
20. 26 Kisses by Anna Michels
21. 100 Days of Cake by Shari Goldhagen
22. The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye
23. Even If the Sky Falls by Mia Garcia
24. Life Before by Michele Bacon
25. The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele
26. Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh
2016 Diverse Books Reading Challenge hosted by Mishma at Chasing Faerytales and Shelly at Read.Sleep.Repeat. My goal is to read at least twelve diverse books in 2016.
I love diverse books so this challenge is awesome. I am at 41 so far for the year and I know there will be plenty more.
1. Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin
2. Good On Paper by Rachel Cantor
3. What Lies Between Us by Nayomi Munaweera
4. Thanks For the Trouble by Tommy Wallach
5. Saving Alex: When I Was Fifteen I Told My Mormon Parents I Was Gay, and That’s When My Nightmare Began by Alex Cooper and Joanna Brooks
6. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
7. What Lies Between Us by Nayomi Munaweera
8. In Real Life by Jessica Love
9. Second House From the Corner by Sadeqa Johnson
10. The Decent Proposal by Kemper Donovan
11. I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
12. Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
13. Future Shock by Elizabeth Briggs
14. Flawed by Cecelia Ahern
15. I Met Someone by Bruce Wagner
16. Sunday’s on the Phone to Monday by Christine Reilly
17. Faerie by Eisha Marjara
18. This Side of Providence by Rachel M. Harper
19. The Beast by J.R. Ward
20. The Obsession by Nora Roberts
21. Eleven Hours by Pamela Erens
22. The Bricks that Built the Houses by Kate Tempest
23. The Cook Up by D. Watkins
24. Whisper to Me by Nick Lake
25. Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld
26. Girls on Fire by Robin Wasserman
27. Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge by Paul Krueger
28. Meet Me Here by Bryan Bliss
29. Frannie and Tru by Karen Hattrup
30. Jerkbait by Mia Siegert
31. You Know Me Well by David Levithan & Nina LaCour
32. Never Too Real by Carmen Rita
33. The Wedding Sisters by Jamie Brenner
34. Don’t Tell, Don’t Tell, Don’t Tell by Liane Shaw
35. 100 Days of Cake by Shari Goldhagen
36. Even If the Sky Falls by Mia Garcia
37. The Mirror Thief by Martin Seay
38. The Lost & Found by Katrina Leno
39. Party of One by Dave Holmes
40. In Twenty Years by Alison Winn Scotch
41. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge hosted by Falling for YA. My goal is to get to Platinum – 75 Books
134 read. 0 to go.
2016 New Release Challenge hosted by Lexxie at (un)Conventional Book Views and Stormi at Books, Movies, Reviews Oh My!. My Goal is 45+ books per year – New Release Enthusiast.
136 read. 0 to go.
The Goodreads Challenge. I will be aiming for 100 books plus this year.
154 read. 0 to go.
Book Bingo from Pretty Deadly Reviews
Current card located here.
Check out my Spring Bingo for books read March 1, 2016 through May 31, 2016 results here.
Check out my Holiday Bingo for books read December 1, 2015 to February 29, 2016 results here.
I joined the ARC April event over at Read.Sleep.Repeat. I got to The Diamond Reader Level – 16+ ARCs read for the month.
I read 26 ARCs in the month of April. You can see the reviews for ARC April here.
26 read. 0 to go.
For a running list of all of my ongoing challenges you can check out my Challenges Page. I try to update it every other week.