Welcome to the end of another month. Work was crazy and I had a bit of a reading slump towards the beginning of the month. But I knew I had a ridiculous amount of books due for review, so I had to snap out of it pretty quick, now I am just behind in writing the reviews. If it’s not one it’s the other I’m finding. One day I hope to have a glorious system for tracking, but so far I haven’t found one that works really well for me, so I keep searching. I am linking to Best of the Bunch, Feed Your Fiction Addiction’s monthly wrap-up and The Book Date’s Month in Review. So check out what I did in February, my top pick of the month, some upcoming March reviews and my most anticipated books of the coming month.
I reviewed twenty-eight books this month. Twenty-eight in a twenty-nine day month. I think I was a smidge overbooked.
- [2 Feb] Rebel, Bully, Geek, Pariah by Erin Jade Lange ★★★★
- [3 Feb] The Witches of Cambridge by Menna van Praag ★★★½
- [4 Feb] Girl in the Dark by Marion Pauw ★★★½
- [5 Feb] Everything's Relative by Jenna Mccarthy ★★★½
- [6 Feb] Reserved by Tracy Ewens ★★★★
- [7 Feb] The Two of Us by Andy Jones ★★★★
- [8 Feb] This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp ★★★★
- [9 Feb] Take The Fall by Emily Hainsworth ★★★½
- [10 Feb] The Deepest Well by Juliette Cross ★★★★
- [11 Feb] The Word for Yes by Claire Needell ★★★
- [12 Feb] What Remains of Me by Alison Gaylin ★★★★
- [13 Feb] Why We Came to the City by Kristopher Jansma ★★★★
- [14 Feb] What Lies Between Us by Nayomi Munaweera ★★★★
- [15 Feb] Shoeless Joe by W.P. Kinsella ★★½
- [16 Feb] Under the Influence by Joyce Maynard ★★★★
- [17 Feb] She's Not There by Joy Fielding ★★★★
- [18 Feb] 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl by Mona Awad ★★★
- [19 Feb] In Real Life by Jessica Love ★★★★
- [20 Feb] Mercer Street by John A. Heldt ★★★½
- [21 Feb] Thanks for the Trouble by Tommy Wallach ★★★½
- [22 Feb] In the Context of Love by Linda K. Sienkiewicz ★★★½
- [23 Feb] We Just Clicked by Sophie Childs ★★★½
- [24 Feb] Into the Dim by Janet Taylor ★★★★
- [25 Feb] Saving Alex by Alex Cooper, Joanna Brooks ★★★★
- [26 Feb] The Passenger by Lisa Lutz ★★★★½
- [27 Feb] I Met Someone by Bruce Wagner ★½
- [28 Feb] Girl Last Seen by Heather Anastasiu, Anne Greenwood Brown ★★★★
- [29 Feb] Somewhere Out There by Amy Hatvany ★★★½
I had one 4 1/2 Star book in February, so the choice for Best of the Bunch was pretty easy.
The Passenger by Lisa Lutz was a true psychological thriller. I loved almost every twisty turn-y moment and if you want to be constantly on edge and super tense as you read a book, then this is the book for you. See my full review here.
I am excited to announce that I will be the April Wrap-Up Round-Up host. I love Nicole’s monthly feature over at Feed Your Fiction Addiction so I’m really looking forward to being a part of it.
I have my two book club picks for March lined up. I sadly did not get to I Am Malala in February, but it is three down on my reading list as I still really want to read it. Luckily I have already read one of the March picks so that should make it a little easier.
Here is my completed Holiday Bingo from Pretty Deadly Reviews. This card is for books read December 1, 2015 to February 29, 2016.
Romance – Smart Girl by Rachel Hollis
Snow on Cover – The Winter Girl by Matt Marinovich
Has Been Translated – The Case of Lisandra P. by Hélène Grémillon
Epistolary – What She Left by T.R. Richmond
Multi POV – Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate
Fantasy – Inked by Eric Smith
2015 Release You Missed – Inception by Bianca Scardoni
Time Travel – Mercer Street by John A. Heldt
A Friends Fave – Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
Thriller – Unhinge by Calia Read
One-Word Title – Opal by Jennifer Armentrout
Award Winner – Shoeless Joe by W.P. Kinsella
Black Author – Second House From the Corner by Sadeqa Johnson
White Cover – Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin
Book Was a Gift Retelling
2016 Debut – True Letters from a Fictional Life by Kenneth Logan
Start a New Series – Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Royalty – The Heir And The Spare by Emily Albright
Blue Cover – The Ex by Alafair Burke
Author Tuesday is probably the thing I like most about having a book review site. I get to interact with some great authors and help others find out more about them. In February I was lucky enough to host Daphne Lamb and Sonali Dev. March will bring us Sarah J. Schmitt author of It’s a Wonderful Death on March 1, Anna Mitchael and Michelle Sassa authors of Copygirl on March 15 and Gareth P. Jones author of No True Echo on March 29.
United States of Books for February
- [1 Feb] United States of Books – Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- [8 Feb] United States of Books – The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
- [15 Feb] Shoeless Joe by W.P. Kinsella ★★½
- [22 Feb] United States of Books – My Ántonia by Willa Cather
- [29 Feb] United States of Books – The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
My most anticipated March releases.
I have 28 reviews scheduled for March. I am currently solidly booked for reviews till the end of May, with each month having at least 25 reviews scheduled. I currently have ARC’s all the way to September so I best get to reading. Here is a sneak peek at some of the books to be reviewed in March.
You can check out the rest of my February happenings below.
- [6 Feb] Weekly Wrap-Up – February 6, 2016
- [12 Feb] Weekly Wrap-Up – February 13, 2016
- [20 Feb] Weekly Wrap-Up – February 20, 2016
- [27 Feb] Weekly Wrap-Up – February 27, 2016
My February Top Ten Tuesdays
- [1 Feb] Top Ten Tuesday – Past and Future Love
- [8 Feb] Top Ten Tuesday – Valentine Love
- [15 Feb] Top Ten Tuesday – Songs That Should Be Books
- [22 Feb] Top Ten Tuesday – Not My Usual Read
- [29 Feb] Top Ten Tuesday – Ten Books To Read If You Are In The Mood For All The Feels
My February Waiting on Wednesdays
- [2 Feb] Waiting on Wednesday – Sunday’s on the Phone to Monday
- [9 Feb] Waiting on Wednesday – Even If the Sky Falls
- [16 Feb] Waiting on Wednesday – Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- [23 Feb] Waiting on Wednesday – Ruined
The 30 Day Reading Indie Challenge from Book Enthusiast Promotions begins tomorrow! Sign ups are open at 30DayReadingIndie.com. Get free books to review and enter to win some awesome prizes.
So how was your bookish month?