Welcome to the end of another month. I can’t believe that July is over already! It was a busy month as usual, but it was a fun month. I am linking to Best of the Bunch, Feed Your Fiction Addiction’s monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up and The Book Date’s Month in Review. So check out what I did in April, my top pick and my most anticipated books of the coming month.
I reviewed 5 books this month. July was a cluster both at work and at home and I pretty much shut down. It is getting better I just now need to catch up on the 15 or so odd reviews I am behind.
- [5 Jul] Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine ★★★★½
- [21 Jul] From The Sideline by Amy Avanzino ★★★★½
- [22 Jul] The Summer That Melted Everything: A Novel by Tiffany McDaniel ★★★★★
- [27 Jul] Freezer eCookbook Bundle by ★★★★½
- [28 Jul] Smash & Grab by Amy Christine Parker ★★★★
One of the books reviewed though, was the second 5 star book I have ever reviewed that wasn’t a comfort book re-read. (I am super tough and almost never award 5 stars, the book needs to be super special.) That book was The Summer That Melted Everything by Tiffany McDaniel. This book was so rich and dark and amazing.
This Month in Review…
Hmm, I really did not get a lot done here. Other than working 70 to 80 hour weeks and reading I was probably sleeping.
August will bring us – August 2, 2016 – Kristina McMorris author of The Edge of Lost, August 16, 2016 – Eric Smith author of Inked and on August 30, 2016 – Christine Reilly author of Sunday’s on the Phone to Monday.
I also added the fab Tiffany McDaniel to the list for October 25, 2016. It is almost time for me to
stalk ask a new crop of authors to join the Author Tuesday family, so hopefully my August wrap-up will have a few more additions to the list.
The full list of past, current and future authors can be found here.
United States of Books
United States of Books for July
- [4 Jul] United States of Books – The Wapshot Chronicle by John Cheever
- [11 Jul] United States of Books – The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
- [18 Jul] United States of Books – In Country by Bobbie Ann Mason
- [25 Jul] United States of Books – The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
Saturday Soapbox post for July
I will try to get my series feature set and get all of my reviews caught up. Other than that I am setting no goals for August.
Most Anticipated August Releases
I’m so behind with reviews, I’m not even going to guess the number to review in August. Here is a sneak peek at some of the books that I aim to review.
You can check out the rest of my July happenings below.
- [2 Jul] Weekly Wrap-Up – July 2, 2016
- [22 Jul] Weekly Wrap-Up – July 23, 2016
- [29 Jul] Weekly Wrap-Up – July 30, 2016
So how was your bookish month?