Welcome to the end of another month. I can’t believe that June is over already! It was a busy month as usual, but it was a fun month. I am linking to Best of the Bunch, Feed Your Fiction Addiction’s monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up and The Book Date’s Month in Review. So check out what I did in June, my top pick and my most anticipated books of the coming month.
I reviewed thirty-four books this month. Not bad for a month with only thirty days. 🙂
- [1 Jun] Goldfish by Nat Luurtsema ★★★½
- [2 Jun] The Girls in the Garden by Lisa Jewell ★★★★
- [3 Jun] American Girls by Alison Umminger ★★★★
- [8 Jun] This Is Not My Beautiful Life: A Memoir by Victoria Fedden ★★★
- [8 Jun] How It Feels to Fly by Kathryn Holmes ★★★
- [8 Jun] Working It by Leah Marie Brown ★★★
- [10 Jun] The Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder ★★★★
- [10 Jun] The Leaving by Tara Altebrando ★★★★
- [10 Jun] One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid ★★★★
- [10 Jun] Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh ★★★★½
- [10 Jun] How to Disappear by Ann Redisch Stampler ★★★★½
- [11 Jun] The Darkest Torment by Gena Showalter ★★★★½
- [14 Jun] The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele ★★★★
- [14 Jun] Unplugged by Donna Freitas ★★★★
- [14 Jun] The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman ★★★★
- [20 Jun] To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee ★★★★½
- [21 Jun] Stars Over Sunset Boulevard by Susan Meissner ★★★½
- [21 Jun] The Life of the World to Come by Dan Cluchey ★★★★
- [21 Jun] Surprise Me by Deena Goldstone ★★★★
- [21 Jun] Change Places with Me by Lois Metzger ★★★★
- [23 Jun] First Comes Love by Emily Giffin ★★★★
- [26 Jun] In Twenty Years by Allison Winn Scotch ★★★½
- [26 Jun] We Could Be Beautiful by Swan Huntley ★★★½
- [28 Jun] Never Missing, Never Found by Amanda Panitch ★★★★½
- [28 Jun] All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda ★★★★½
- [28 Jun] Party of One: A Memoir in 21 Songs by Dave Holmes ★★★★½
- [28 Jun] We Own the Night by Ashley Poston ★★★★½
- [29 Jun] Winning by Lara Deloza ★★★★
- [29 Jun] The Lost & Found by Katrina Leno ★★★★
- [30 Jun] An Idiot in Love by David Jester ★★★
- [30 Jun] The Trouble with Lexie by Jessica Anya Blau ★★★
- [30 Jun] In the Shadow of the Gods by Rachel Dunne ★★★
- [30 Jun] Clean Break by Abby Vegas ★★★★
- [30 Jun] Indiana Belle by John A. Heldt ★★★½
I reviewed eight 4 1/2 star books this month. Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh, How to Disappear by Ann Redisch Stampler, The Darkest Torment by Gena Showalter, To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Never Missing, Never Found by Amanda Panitch, All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda, Party of One: A Memoir in 21 Songs by Dave Holmes and We Own the Night by Ashley Poston. They were all fantastic reads in their own ways, but only one was just so unique and different. So I pick Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh as my best of June 2016!
This Month in Review…
I hit 2,000 subscribers in June!! You can see my post about it here.
This was a hard month as at work our fiscal year ends June 30th. So June and July are crazy months for me and I have been working an average of 70 hour weeks. I did get a promotion (to CFOO, Chief Financial and Operations Officer) so all the time spent has been worth it. Between work and being sick the majority of the month I have been struggling with keeping the site up.
As you know, I took a break from memes and discussion posts back in May. I was posting between 14 and 17 posts a week and could not continue that with real life and stuff. I took a break from tours, blasts and cover reveals quietly a few months ago (unless I really really like the book) and it was a huge help. I will occasionally still post some discussions, Waiting on Wednesdays and Top Ten Tuesdays but not every week or even every month.
I have my quarterly challenge update done. Check it out here. I have now completed all of the goals I set for the year, so I am excited to see what I can accomplish the rest of the year.
If you are ever curious on my reading challenge stats during the year, I update my Challenges page about every other week. You can check it out here.
I created a tribe on Triberr in March and am still accepting members (Book Bloggers Unite). It is a service to help and encourage social media sharing of posts. You can sign up to join for free and I will make any joiner a member to enable sharing right away. I am currently a member of 3 tribes with 43 tribe mates and a 154K twitter reach. I get an average of 8 retweets on each post so it’s a very handy service.
July will bring us – July 5, 2016 – C.H. Armstron author of author of The Edge of Nowhere with an ebook copy up for grabs and on July 19, 2016 – Jeff Zentner author of The Serpent King will join us and we will be giving away a Kindle copy.
The full list of past, current and future authors can be found here.
United States of Books
United States of Books for June
- [6 Jun] United States of Books – The Magnificent Ambersons by Booth Tarkington
- [13 Jun] United States of Books – The Betsy-Tacy Treasury by Maud Hart Lovelace
- [20 Jun] To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee ★★★★½
- [27 Jun] United States of Books – Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
I have a few review related things coming up that I think will be fun, in July I am planning to start Series Saturdays. I have at least a dozen series hanging out that I have not gotten to read over the years (yup years on some of them) and most of them have been completed, so I plan to post a review for each series starting with book one till the last one on Saturdays. In August I am planning to start working on whittling down my old TBR. Books that are not series that have also been hanging out that I just have not gotten to. I will review these on Sundays.
I would love to start doing some buddy reads and joint reviews, so if anyone is interested hit me up here!
Most Anticipated July Releases
I have thirty reviews scheduled for July. Here is a sneak peek at some of the books to be reviewed in July.
You can check out the rest of my June happenings below.
- [4 Jun] Weekly Wrap-Up – June 4, 2016
- [11 Jun] Weekly Wrap-Up – June 11, 2016
- [25 Jun] Weekly Wrap-Up times Two
My June Waiting on Wednesdays
My June Top Ten Tuesdays
So how was your bookish month?