Welcome to the end of another month. I can’t believe that November is over already! It was a crazy busy month with the first of the winter bugs hitting the house, work being super busy as I try to complete my calendar year end projects, birthdays and redoing the entire design of the site including switching to a new theme. I hope to have a slower paced December and am really looking forward to a few December book releases. I am linking to Best of the Bunch, Feed Your Fiction Addiction’s monthly wrap-up and The Book Date’s Month in Review. So check out what I did in November, my top pick and my most anticipated books of the coming month.
I reviewed nineteen books this month.
- [1 Nov] The Nine Month Plan by Wendy Markham ★★★½
- [2 Nov] Fishing with Rayanne by Ava Finch ★★★½
- [5 Nov] Dear Mr. You by Mary -Louise Parker ★★★★
- [8 Nov] Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli ★★★★½
- [9 Nov] The Light of Hidden Flowers by Jennifer Handford ★★★½
- [12 Nov] Inconceivable! by Tegan Wren ★★★★
- [13 Nov] Claire Daly: Reluctant Soul Saver by Michele Brouder ★★★★
- [15 Nov] Rooter by Teiran Smith ★★★½
- [16 Nov] The Mine by John A. Heldt ★★★½
- [18 Nov] The Blackmail of Evelynn Faust by Shirley Anne Edwards ★★★
- [19 Nov] NAKED: Stripped by a Man and Hurricane Katrina by Julie Freed ★★★★
- [22 Nov] Butterfly Dreams by A. Meredith Walters ★★★½
- [23 Nov] The Edge of Lost by Kristina Mcmorris ★★★★½
- [25 Nov] From Russia With Claws by Jacey Conrad, Gia Corona ★★★★
- [25 Nov] From Russia With Fangs by Jacey Conrad, Gia Corona ★★★★
- [26 Nov] Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward ★★★★★
- [27 Nov] Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine ★★★★½
- [29 Nov] Through Infinity by Libby Austin ★★★
- [30 Nov] Carry On by Rainbow Rowell ★★★★½
It was hard this month to pick my standout. I had four reviews at 4 1/2 stars – Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, The Edge of Lost, Ink and Bone and Carry On and they were all so good in their own way. (Lover Awakened is a comfort book so not eligible for best of the month, as not a new read.) I sat my husband down and told him about each book. Talking it out helped me realize that there was one that was such a different type of read for me and I really enjoyed going outside of my reading comfort zone. So I selected The Edge of Lost by Kristina McMorris for my best of November. Historical fiction is not generally a must read genre for me, but I was hooked by the synopsis so I requested it from Netgalley. I am so glad I did! McMorris wrote such a richly nuanced tale of how love for family can impact your future and included so many twists and turns that I was hooked and stayed up till the wee hours to finish it. The Edge of Lost was so very very good and I hope you all go read it soon.
I was able to participate in some fun bookish things this month.
My site redesign is done! I have been working slowly over the last month to totally re-do my site. Everything from the theme, header, background, font and color scheme has been changed. I finally have everything set, so please let me know how you like it and if you find any bugs.
I signed up for The Broke and the Bookish’s 6th annual Secret Santa. I have my match and am excited to spend next weekend shopping for their bookish package.
I joined a newly formed book club with a Facebook women’s group I am a part of. I’m looking forward to helping get it off of the ground.
Author Tuesday is probably the thing I like most about having a book review site. I get to interact with some great authors and help others find out more about them. In November I was lucky enough to host Liana Maeby and Kirker Butler. December will bring us Lynsey James author of Just the Way You Are on December 8, and Lene Fogelberg author of Beautiful Affliction on December 22.
My most anticipated December releases. Thank goodness they are all December 1 release dates so I don’t have to wait too long for them.
I have twenty-one reviews scheduled for December. There are a lot of January releases and I generally review two weeks out from publication date so December and January are both already full. Here is a sneak peek at some of the books to be reviewed in December.
You can check out the rest of my November happenings below.
- [7 Nov] Weekly Wrap-Up – November 7, 2015
- [13 Nov] Weekly Wrap-Up – November 14, 2015
- [21 Nov] Weekly Wrap-Up – November 21, 2015
- [27 Nov] Weekly Wrap-Up – November 28, 2015
My November Top Ten Tuesdays
- [2 Nov] Top Ten Tuesday – 10 Sophomore Novels I Need
- [9 Nov] Top Ten Tuesday – Books and Movies Version
- [16 Nov] Top Ten Tuesday – Top Ten Quotes I Loved
- [23 Nov] Top Ten Tuesday – Ten Bookish Things I’m Thankful For
My November Waiting on Wednesdays
- [3 Nov] Waiting on Wednesday – Smart Girl
- [10 Nov] Waiting on Wednesday – Gena Showalter
- [17 Nov] Waiting on Wednesday – Paper and Fire
- [24 Nov] Waiting on Wednesday – Lady Midnight
My November Author Guest Posts
- [6 Nov] Guest Post – Anna Mitchael
- [20 Nov] Guest Post – Tegan Wren
- [25 Nov] Guest Post – Jacey Conrad and Gia Corona
So how was your bookish month?